Tuesday 25 November 2014

Jane Bown - PHOTOGRAPHY REPORTER

 Jane Bown 


Jane Bown has taken this photo of John Lennon in 1963. The intention was to capture some one in a natural way. The reason of the photo was to show you that you don't need good lighting to have a good photo. The photographer made the photo because she like to catch a natural atmosphere through little lighting and not artificial lighting. The subject of the photo is John Lennon smoking a cigarette.  

 I think the photograph is a recording of an event of what John Lennon is doing. Jane bown has captured him backstage of a show. 
The photographer has framed the photo with a tight crop to portray the relax nature of the subject.
The photo is set in a natural surrounding and not in a photographers studio, which I like that. 
 I think the vantage point is just below eye line so that make John Lennon look taller. 
The photo is almost split into quarters because the top right and the bottom left are quite dark and the top left and bottom right are light. The top half is
also lighter than the bottom half. It is balance between light and dark. 

The focus is John Lennon most likely before he goes on stage. The photographer has captured John in his calm nature in a still way. 
The light in the photo appear most in the face of John Lennon.There is a bit of shadow in the in the bottom right. I think that the light is quite natural and not artificial. I think that the lighting is not harsh. Although the light is quite soft I think 
there is a big difference between the light and dark.
In this photo there is a range of light and dark tones. The darkest value is the two bottom corners and the lightest value is towards the top of the image. 

My take on Jane Bown

I liked how my cropped image has turned out because you can see more in the direction as my model is looking with out getting distracted with the wasted space.


Here is how i created my cropped image: 

















My take on Jane Bown

Here is my final image. This is my take on a portrait photo inspired by Jane Bown. I created this image by changing the photo into grey scale and making the contrast higher so the the lights and darks will stand out.  


                                                                                                                                                 


           

No comments:

Post a Comment